Health plans that serve Medicare members must provide high-quality care while complying with government regulations.
Jose Vazquez, Vice President, Solutions at University of Maryland Medical Systems Health Plan, talks about the growth of the plan from start-up to present day, and the need for transformational technology that helped UMMS succeed. UMMS serves Medicaid and Medicare members who rely on the health plan and their provider network for critical services.
HealthEdge’s HealthRules suite enables health plans serving Medicare and Medicare Advantage markets to tackle critical imperatives including:
- Enroll and reconcile members efficiently and accurately
- Identify and provide care to high-risk populations and members with high utilization
- Receive the highest STAR ratings for quality of care and clinical outcomes, raising reimbursements
- Achieve and maintain regulatory compliance as new rules emerge
- Track and report on critical quality and compliance measures
- Deliver transparency of information for superior customer experience
- Lower administrative costs significantly by automating everything
- Leverage key data sources with seamless integration
- Coordinate individuals’ healthcare and support services effectively
Medicare and Medicare Advantage businesses striving to stay ahead in today’s competitive and dynamic marketplace recognize the importance of having the latest technology platform. HealthEdge Medicare customers achieve greater levels of operational efficiency, lower costs, and deliver enhanced levels of transparency and customer service while providing compliant and high-quality care with the HealthRules product suite.
University of Maryland Medical Systems (formerly Riverside Health Plan), a start-up health plan born from the Affordable Care Act (ACA), UMMS serves primarily Medicare and Medicaid members and leverages HealthRules to benefit their business.